According to Apple’s Press release, MacBook Air (Late 2010) and MacBook Pro (Early 2011) computers support 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, or Windows 7 Ultimate. Apple also released a special note on Windows XP and Vista drivers which are not supplied for these computers and are not supported.
System Requirements to install Windows 7 on MacBook Pro and Air
- An optical drive (MacBook Air computers require an external optical disc drive to install Windows 7).
- A blank CD or USB storage device to contain the Windows Drivers created by the Boot Camp Assistant.
- For 32-bit versions of Windows, at least 16 GB of free space.
- For 64-bit versions of Windows, at least 20 GB of free space.
- Boot Camp Assistant, which is pre-installed in /Applications/Utilities/ .
- An authentic, 32-bit or 64-bit Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate disc.