Microsoft checks illegal Windows 7 activations using their “Update for Windows 7(KB971033)” . This Update to Windows Activation Technologies detects activation exploits and tampering of Key Windows System files within the counterfeit copies of Windows.
How to Remove the Windows 7 Activation Update
- Go to Control Panel and click on “Programs” and then” View installed Updates”
- Now look for “Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)”
- Now Right click on it and select Uninstall.
Steps to Block Windows 7 Activation Update KB971033
- Go to Start Menu and Click “Windows Update” Program.
- Select ”Optional Updates” and Search for the update named “Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)”
- Right click it and select Hide Update
This will permanently disable the installation of this update.