Configuring and connecting iPod Touch to a Wifi Network is very easy.Just follow these steps to Configure and Connect Wifi on your iPod Touch.
Steps to configure/connect Wifi on iPod Touch and iPhone 4:
- Turn on your iPod Touch and Press the Home Button.
- Tap the “Settings” icon in your Home Screen
- Tap the “Wi-Fi” menu and Slide “Wi-Fi” to “ON“.
- Now Slide “Ask to Join Networks” to “ON“
- Wait for the device to detect a wireless network that is in range. If it is close, you will see 2-3 bars of signal. If it doesn’t detect it, try sliding “Wi-Fi” “OFF” and “ON” again.
- If the detected network has a “padlock” icon, then it is secure and you will need the password to connect. Tap the menu showing the detected network and enter the password. If a connection is made successfully, then a tick mark will appear.
- If not, then it means the matching security protocol was not setup on the iPod Touch for the network.
If you need to change the security protocol tap “Other…” to go to “Other Network” page.
- Enter the name of the wireless network and select the matching security protocol used by the network. You have a choice of WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPA Enterprise and WPA2 Enterprise.
- Enter the password for the network and then tap the blue colored “Join” button on the bottom right of the screen. If the network is successfully found and connected to, then it will appear in the list of WiFi networks with a tick.
Connecting iPod to a Open free Wifi Network:
- Connecting to a free WiFi network is straight forward, however connecting to a secure home or business wireless network requires some technical knowledge.
- You need to know which security protocol is used with the network if it is secured, the network name (or ID) and the password to connect to it.
- If you didn’t set up the network at home or at the office, then you will need to obtain the details to log-on from the person who set it up, or seek help from the administrator of the network.